Monday 26 August 2024

FREE MINI BOOKS TO PRINT (15) – Ancient Maps and Manuscripts

Free Mini Books to Print – Ancient Maps and Manuscripts from 12th and 14th Century - Mini Books Obsession


Here are some printable mini books I’ve made with an ‘Ancient’ theme – the maps were commissioned by Queen Mary 1 back in the 14th Century, and finished after her death. They are held by the British Museum, and I found some images online which I’ve enhanced and put into book form. The “Medicinal Herbs” book I’ve made from images of 12th Century manuscripts.

The Atlas cover came out a bit dull on my printer, so I embellished it with gold paint and some gold powder makeup (I also did the edges of the pages with gold permanent marker to make it look more ‘special’).

 

See my tutorial here for how to assemble them. Make sure you print with very narrow or no margins, with best quality colour printing.
As these books (especially the ‘Herbs’ book) are quite thick, I’ve also glued a small strip of paper to the back where all the pages join, to give  bit more strength and defined shape; and I’ve made the spine of the book wider.

You can print direct from the picture below, or click on the link below the picture to download the PDF file (a bit better quality).

Free Mini Books to Print (15) - Ancient Books


If you’d like to just print off one of the books, or would like to re-size them (see how here), I’ve added screenshots of each book below:

'

 

I hope you enjoy these mini books. They have been designed by me for personal use, and are not for re-sale.

2 comments:

HOW TO ASSEMBLE MINI BOOKS

How to Assemble Mini Books I'll be adding links to ready-to-print mini books and also a template and instructions for designing your own...