Saturday 27 July 2024

RE-SIZING MINI BOOKS TO PRINT

The mini books I've designed are mostly a little over 2cm high, about 1:12 scales (full-size they would be about 24cm high). 

If you'd like to change the scale, you can screenshot the cover and pages and paste them into a Word document ('in front of text' so you can move them around) and then re-size (by dragging a corner) to suit yourself.

Tip - When doing screenshots, I save them as .PNG or .GIF rather than .JPEG for better image quality.

As an A4 page is 21 cm across, you can work out what the printed size will be (I also enlarge my Word doc on my computer screen when I'm designing books - to around 180% when I'm placing my pages & images so I can see them more accurately; then to about 116% to get an approximate idea of the printed size of the book pages/cover).

You can make a table to fit across your page if you like, with 21 cells of 1cm, to help visualise the size; or you can paste this image across your page from edge to edge:



Here are screenshots I've made of my first page of mini books; you can use these if you like to re-size or if you just want some of the books (open the image, select 'copy', then paste it onto a Word doc as above:

      1.1 Kate Greenaway - The Language of Flowers:


      1.2 Butterflies Worth Knowing

     1.3 Humpty Dumpty


     1.4 Raggedy Ann




1 comment:

HOW TO ASSEMBLE MINI BOOKS

How to Assemble Mini Books I'll be adding links to ready-to-print mini books and also a template and instructions for designing your own...